Who are We?
The New England PANS/PANDAS Association is a group of parent and medical volunteers from various states across New England focused on raising awareness of Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorder Associated with Streptococcal Infections (PANDAS), and Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome (PANS). We strive to support the medical community and caregivers in their efforts to heal and take care of children with PANS/PANDAS.
*NEPANS is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
Our Mission Is simple:
- To raise awareness of PANS/PANDAS in our community and beyond.
- To support the medical community in their mission to heal our children suffering from PANS/PANDAS.
- To look for ways to expand the medical care available.
- To create opportunities to assist families searching for solutions.
What do we do?
Since 2013, we have raised awareness of PANS/PANDAS and its symptoms, treatments and ways for parents to access assistance by providing:
- Conferences, workshops and educational meetings to parents, doctors, schools, community mental health groups, etc.
- Referrals for parents to physicians, advocates, therapists, and support groups.
- School nurse education seminars.
- Updates on the latest news and information via Newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Awareness materials for educational outreach purposes.
- Materials to assist both parents and school personnel in creating appropriate accommodations in the school setting.